Saturday 11 February 2012

Smoked River Cobbler and Scrambled Eggs

Smoked River Cobbler and Scrambled Eggs

 One day I was shopping for my breakfast and to my horror the supermarket had run out of smoked haddock, I looked around for something similar and I spotted some smoked river cobbler, something I’d never heard of before it’s a fish that is farmed in Vietnam, not that that piece of information helped me with my decision to choose it but choose it I did.

Smoked River Cobbler ~ Simple Food

 Now Smoked River Cobbler looks a bit like smoked haddock and is the same yellow colour being smoked and dyed of course, it’s also available unsmoked which I have tried and found it as, if not more enjoyable than any other white fish.

 To my delight I found it every bit as enjoyable as smoked haddock if not more so and guess what NO BONES!! Now that is a pleasure.

 So here we go:- Heat a couple of knobs of butter in a frying pan and add your fillet of smoked river cobbler (or smoked Haddock if you prefer) season with freshly ground black pepper you shouldn't need salt as smoked fish is usually salty enough. Leave it to sizzle for about five minutes or until you can see that it has cooked about half way through, turn it over and grind some more pepper on that side and leave to cook through.

 When it’s cooked through take it out of the pan and put it somewhere to keep it warm, now you have this lovely butter in the pan flavoured with Smoked River Cobbler,  take the pan off the heat and put in a splash of milk this will cool the pan then break in two eggs and whisk, carry on as you would normally make scrambled eggs.

 You now have the best breakfast I can ever imagine.

Smoked River Cobbler ~ Simple Food

No comments:

Post a Comment