Wednesday 5 June 2013

Smoked River Cobbler Salad with Crunchy Beansprouts and Watermelon

Smoked River Cobbler Salad with Crunchy Beansprouts and Watermelon

Smoked River Cobbler Salad ~ Simple Food


Anyone who reads my blogs on a regular basis will know that I am very passionate about River Cobbler; I love it, especially smoked.

This is the first time that I have ever created a meal with COLD smoked river cobbler, and it was great; what a lovely summer lunch.

I found that the watermelon really complimented the smoked river cobbler along with the crunchy beansprouts and Chinese leaf, and of course Cherry tomatoes are a bit of a must for any salad.

As you have probably guessed there is not much cooking or method for this meal, here’s what I used.

For 2 people

2 fillets – Smoked River Cobbler
150Gm - Beansprouts
6 - Chinese Leaves
8 - Cherry Tomatoes
2 slices – Watermelon

Pan fry the river cobbler in a little olive oil, about 6 or 7 minutes each side depending on the size.
Leave to cool for about an hour.

Smoked River Cobbler ~ Simple Food


Arrange the salad on a plate, break up the river cobbler and place on top.

Smoked River Cobbler ~ Simple Food


There you have it; a wonderful light summer lunch

Smoked River Cobbler Salad ~ Simple Food


You can add any dressing you like, but I recommend balsamic.  










No comments:

Post a Comment