Thursday 16 February 2012

Today I Just Couldn't Be Bothered


I love to cook and invent new recipe’s but occasionally there are days (and this is one of them) when I just can’t muster the enthusiasm. For lunch I had some of the leftover sweet mini pepper rice from last night that I fried with sausages, which was really nice, but tonight I just could not be bothered.
 I looked in the fridge and as it’s the day before shopping day, not much in there, eggs, bacon, a bit of veg and some leftover chicken which looked ok but it moved aside for me when I went for the eggs. So I went to the freezer and retrieved a fillet of white fish and defrosted it.

I melted some butter in a pan and in it went, and then I chopped up two rashers of bacon and put them in with the fish. When the fish was done (about 5 minutes) I put it somewhere to keep warm and dumped two eggs into the bacon with salt and pepper and whisked.

 It was a bit like a broken omelette, with fish but with a glass of Chenet and Adele 21 playing in the background it was really quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment