Sunday 14 April 2013

One Breasted Chicken

I normally buy a fresh chicken for Sunday lunch mainly because I like chicken, but also because it lasts me right up until Wednesday.

 I have it cold on Monday with bubble and squeak, make it into a rice dish of some kind on Tuesday and boil up the carcass on Wednesday for some kind of broth, stew or soup.

 This week I wanted a fresh chicken breast for Monday to Make Mexican or Italian chicken. Two recipe’s that I invented entirely out of my own head and I love. I’ll be posting whichever one I make on Monday evening.

 Anyway instead of buying some chicken breasts separately I thought well why not cut one of the breasts off of my normal chicken and save it in the fridge until Monday.

 So for those of you who don’t know how to de-breast a chicken here’s how, and for those of you who do, look away now.

 Start by cutting down in between the leg and the body, don’t cut it completely off, lay it down to the side.
 Feel for the breast bone in between the breasts and make an incision the complete length on one side. Then cut all the way down against the bone leaving as little of the meat behind as possible, and trim off at the bottom.

 Skin it and your done, when you roast the chicken just cut the cooking time by about 10 – 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment